Eastend Youth CarersDelivered by Eastend Youth Carers
Through our volunteers, we:
- provide community first aid,
- provide public mental health talk out groups,
- cater for the homeless,
- volunteer in carehomes (giving residents someone to talk to),
- provide activities in sheltered housing for residents,
- provide support to local Charities/churches,
- fundraise for funds to open up clubs in communities for all ages,
- provide online support for mental health
and much more.
Our service works in many areas across the East End including: Denniston, Carntyne, Tollcross, Parkhead, Shettleston, Royston, Provanmill, Easterhouse, Haghill, Greenfield, Bailliston, Riddrie, Glasgow Green and Glasgow City
Note: this service is only for carers , children and ethnic minorities who live in North Glasgow
Trained volunteers visit families in their own homes or in community settings for up to 3 hours per week, offering non-judgemental, emotional and/or practical support for as long as is required or until the youngest child turns 5.
Families requiring more intensive support can be supported by a Family Support Coordinator until they can be transferred onto volunteer service.
Weekly group support.
Note: this service is only for children and young people
Childline is yours – a free, private and confidential service where you can talk about anything. We’re here for you online, on the phone, anytime.