Who are we?
GlasgowHelps is a website run by Glasgow Council for the Voluntary Sector (GCVS) based at The Albany Centre, 44 Ashley Street, Glasgow, G3 6DS. GCVS’s registered office is 11 Queens Crescent, Glasgow, G4 9AS.
What is Personal Data and how do we use it?
Personal data is defined in the Data Protection regulation as “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly”.
The personal information which you supply to us may be used for the following purposes:-
- Put you in touch with a charity or community group in your area
- Connecting with you if you wish to volunteer with relevant groups and organisations
- if you wish advice for your charity or organisation
We will NOT disclose any information to any third party without your prior consent.
Type of Data Held
- Mobile phone number
Legal Basis for Holding Data
We will usually hold your data for the purposes of performing a contract. Due to the current Covid-!9 pandemic we will also hold your information in the Public Interest.
Storage of Data
All bookings are processed through the GlasgowHelps system which uses a platform called TextMagic. The data protection information on this system can be found here https://www.textmagic.com/gdpr/.
Retention Policy for your Personal Information
All bookings and organisational data older than 3 years will be deleted or anonymised from our system.
Individual contact information (personal data) will be removed after 2 years.
Sharing of Data
We do not share your data with external parties without your consent.
We are establishing partnerships with other organisations to offer the service in other languages. We may be required to share the personal data with these partners in order to deliver the service.
The GDPR provides the following rights to individuals:-
- The right to be informed. This document covers your right to be informed of about the collection and use of your personal data.
- The right of access. You may ask to see any and all personal data we hold in relation to you.
- The right to rectification. You may ask for any inaccurate data to be rectified or completed if it is incomplete.
- The right to erasure. You may ask for all personal data we hold in relation to you to be erased.
- The right to restrict processing. You may ask us to restrict or supress your personal data meaning we can store it, but not necessarily use it.
- The right to data portability. You may ask us to transfer your personal data to a different service provider.
- The right to object. You may have the right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- Rights related to automated decision making including profiling. We do not use any method of automated decision making,
You can make a request to exercise any of these rights either verbally or in writing and we will respond within 30 days. Not all rights are absolute and can be exercised in certain circumstances. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Who Do I Contact
In the first instance please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your query cannot be answered by the above then you may refer to our Data Protection Officer at 11 Queens Crescent, Glasgow, G4 9AS or by email at email@example.com.