WAVE is dedicated to making the world safer by breaking damaging, intergenerational family cycles and helping people mitigate the effects of trauma within their communities.
We do this by:
• Identifying world-leading practice for Prevention of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) such as the universal Parent Child Psychological Support programme, which more than halved insecure and disorganised attachment in communities in Ireland and Spain
• Assisting the creation of, and providing ongoing support to, Trauma-informed Communities such as Drumchapel Trauma-informed Community. WAVE is the UK Co-ordinator for the W.H.O. European Network of Trauma-informed Cities and Communities
• Delivering highly rated CPD certified Trauma-informed training to schools, local authorities, NHS Boards and other organisations
• Publishing major reports such as Violence and what to do about it, Conception to age 2 – the age of opportunity and Age 2 to 18 – systems to protect children from severe disadvantage
• Providing the Secretariat for the CPG on Prevention and Healing of ACEs in the Scottish Parliament