15 Kenmure Street, Glasgow, UK
PDA’s aim is to promote and deliver services which will benefit residents of Pollokshields.
In addition to the needs of residents we will also work in partnership with the local authority, other statutory and voluntary organisations in a common effort to meet our objectives of:
* Advancing education and development opportunities
* Fostering integration and promoting dialogue and understanding
* Providing opportunities for engagement in community consultation
* Working towards actively encouraging disadvantaged communities to have better representation and engagement in the design and delivery of service provision
* Promoting capacity building to empower and enhance opportunities for community participation
* Working with partner agencies to combat issues of poverty, unemployment and housing issues through the provision of information, advice and training
* Developing awareness and capacity of all communities to tackle racism and promote equality and diversity
PDA provides restriction compliant, door-to-door food and hygiene support products to Pollokshields community members who have been financially impacted by the lockdowns.
We have also moved a number of our community support groups online to promote wellbeing.