Parenting across Scotland aims to support families in Scotland in bringing up their children. We do this by providing information and support for parents, carrying out research and influencing policymakers.
Information for parents and practitioners
For parents and families:
- We make it easier to find information and support services by bringing them together on this website.
- We produce a series of Ten Top Tips offering valuable parenting advice.
- We work in partnership to make sure our helplines meet parents' and families' needs.
- We run conferences about parenting.
- Parenting across Scotland and its partners hold seminars on parenting issues.
- We produce an e-newsletter which includes good practice in parenting support.
- We share information on parenting research.
Making parents' voices heard
We aim to influence politicians and policymakers by:
- Talking to politicians and decision-makers about what parents have told us matters to them;
- Sitting on Scottish Government working groups to make sure that there is a parental perspective;
- Running parliamentary events where parents and politicians share their parenting stories;
- Responding to consultations about issues which affect families; and
- Developing ideas to improve the services that parents use.