The mission of EWfC is to inspire and empower the diverse minority ethnic women through advancing their leadership and active citizenship in all aspects of life in Scotland and internationally.
We have several projects running currently, including:
- Thistle & Dandelions project - a project to empower women to access volunteering, education and employment within the heritage sector
- The Low Carbon Community Project - Free project activities will include a women’s cycling club, eco-driving training, household textiles waste upcycling and a swap shop.
- Counselling & Mental Health Support - Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic we have been delivering counselling support to everyone feeling anxious during these difficult times.
- Food Support - We are giving out free food parcels to asylum seekers and vulnerable black & ethnic minority families.
- Digital Inclusion & Literacy - Running courses to bring up digital skills